Patriot Ambulance is looking for dedicated individuals to join our team. Click the Links Below to Apply Today!
Patriot Ambulance is an Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability/vets
Additional Information on Job Positions
~Benefits and Perks~
Work Life and Culture
Patriot understands that a good work / life balance is one of the most important things during employment. We also know that a company’s culture can dramatically decrease the amount of stress someone feels surrounding their job. We strive to make coming to work feel as comfortable and flexible as possible while still making sure we attain our goals.
- Employees can schedule up to 48 hours per week or less depending on their employment status. These can be in 8 / 12 / 16 or 24 hour work days depending on the department and available shifts.
- Our schedules do not rotate – so you can always plan around your work schedule.
- While at work, you generally don’t have to post in your ambulance (except in rare occasions like for a fire stand by, city event or major incident, etc.)
- Your time is valuable and we respect that. Though we can’t guarantee you’ll get out ‘on time’ every shift we do strive to make it as rare as possible when you don’t.
- The company provides free Coffee at the bases and frequent meals provided by the on duty supervisors.
- Double Medic permanent scheduling available (Full disclosure – though we do strive to have this 100% of the time, it is subject to the staffing levels of the day)
- Well experienced co-workers (the average employment length of the paramedics at Patriot is over 10 years)
- During EMS week we celebrate all the hard work you and your coworkers do. We hold multiple BBQ’s, have raffles, provide everyone an EMS Week themed gift and celebrate the employees of the year, voted on by the people.
Health Insurance and other Benefits
Patriot also understands how important good health care coverage is for you and your family. We offer the below general benefits coverages at very competitive premium rates. Health care coverage starts on the first day of employment.
- Health Insurance with Competitive Premiums
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Coverage
- Group Life Insurance paid for by the company
- Voluntary Life Insurance
- Health Flexible spending and Dependent Flexible Spending plans
- Short and Long Term Disability Plans
- ‘Working Advantage’ Affiliation for discounts on vacation, rentals, entertainment, etc.
- Starting pay increases with each year of experience you have.
- Every year you get a performance review that comes with a corresponding percentage wage increase.
- Shift Differentials for ALS Weekend shifts and ALS transfer shifts
- Generous Paid Time Off accruals.
- Select major holidays are paid at double time.
- 401k Plan.
- Travel pay for when you’re moved to a base further away from your home.
- Uncapped weekly overtime (restrictions on extended shifts may apply).
- Service awards for every 5 years spent with the company.
Patriot values your education and provides most courses to employees free of charge in order to maintain current certification levels. Our education department is as hands on or hands off as you want them to be. They can work with you one on one to make sure you’re on track to meet your recertification requirements so that when the time comes, you’ll only have to submit the application and pay the licensing fee. Below are some examples of courses offered multiple times a year to employees if they need them.
- EMD Training
- NCCP (online and in person)
- M&M Rounds
Patriot Ambulance, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Patriot maintains policies and practices that are designed to prevent discrimination against any qualified employee or applicant. This policy of nondiscrimination applies to all employment practices, including hiring, compensation, benefits, promotion, training, and termination.