Medical / Billing Collections Specialist Job Description
Medical Collection Specialists are responsible for all functions related to the collection of payment on patient accounts. Duties are generally assigned on a primary basis, but all personnel are cross-trained and may perform functions in the various business segments.
- Communicate directly with patients regarding their financial responsibility from services at Patriot
- Document all calls timely and accurately in the patients’ account in the billing system
- Establish payment arrangements per company policy
- Manage outstanding self-pay accounts and status for management
- Perform insurance claim follow-ups for insurance denials and appeals
- Contact insurance companies to check eligibility and benefits via phone or online portals
- Assist with other billing/collection duties, as needed
- High School Diploma or equivalent; Associates Degree preferred
- 2 years of office experience in medical billing / collections required
- Must possess knowledge of Explanation of Benefits (EOB’s) and understanding of copays, coinsurance, deductibles and denial codes.
- Attention to detail and have the ability to prioritize independently
- Prior experience using Zoll billing system preferred
- The ability to multi-task and in a busy office environment
- Proficient customer service skills
- Intermediate knowledge of MS Office
Patriot Ambulance Inc., considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital or veteran status, or any other legally protected status.