Responds to select requests for transportation at various hospitals, clinics, nursing homes, private homes, and etc., and provides safe and efficient transportation to and/or from.
If appropriate, as needed, performs other duties related to emergency and non-emergency medical care and/or transportation.
- High degree of personal integrity and responsibility.
- Ability to work effectively with minimal supervision, using good judgment and common sense.
- Ability to work efficiently and interact in a constructive and professional manner with other employees, professional staff, medical staff, and etc.
- Ability to interact effectively and professionally with patients, customers, clients, family members, bystanders, and the general public in such a manner as to reflect credibly on Patriot Ambulance, Inc.
- Demonstrates a level of skill and ability consistent with the provision of high quality patient care.
- The ability to perform effectively in carrying out public relations functions and the ability to deal effectively with members of the medical community and general public in promoting Patriot Ambulance, Inc.
- The ability to lift and maneuver 150 pounds with assistance and without difficulty.
- The ability to walk up and down stairs without difficulty and the ability to lift and carry 150 pounds up and down two flights of stairs with assistance without difficulty.
- The ability to sit or stand for long periods of time.
- The ability to walk a distance of one quarter of a mile without difficulty and without affecting the immediate performance of job-related duties as outlined below.
CPR – Basic Life Support (BLS) by the American Heart Association (AHA) or the American Red Cross and current certification in Basic First Aid, or successful completion of the above within thirty (30) days of employment.
a) Manager for all administrative matters.
b) Manager, Chaircar Supervisor or Field Supervisor for all operational matters.
c) Manager, Chaircar Supervisor or Field Supervisor for all matters regarding professional and/or clinical care and/or quality.
– Demonstrates and ensures knowledge, understanding and compliance of Patriot Ambulance policies and procedures.
– Ensures that the vehicle and equipment is ready for use at the beginning of the shift and after every call. This includes: appropriate cleaning and disinfecting of the interior and exterior of the vehicle; appropriate cleaning and disinfecting of equipment; inspecting; restocking, and completing daily checklists of the vehicle and equipment; and performing routine maintenance.
– Performs daily inspections of their base and/or station for cleanliness. Then performs the appropriate housekeeping duties to ensure their living quarters are clean, free from clutter and sanitary at all times.
– Responds to and from select requests for transportation using appropriate care and caution in accordance with Massachusetts law, Company policy, and the principles of safe vehicle operation.
– Assures patient’s safety in accordance with the rules, regulations, protocols, policies and procedures of Patriot Ambulance, Inc., including the laws and regulations of the State and Federal Governments consistent with good judgment and the provision of high quality patient care.
– Acts at all times in the best interests of high quality patient care, in the best interest of the patient, and in such a manner to reflect credibly on Patriot Ambulance, Inc. and the professional reputation of the Chair Car Driver.
– Acts at all times with his/her personal safety in mind, as well as the safety of all other passengers, professional and/or medical staff, family members, the patient, and any other personnel present.
– Accompanies patients to their destination, continuing to provide appropriate care and patient advocacy. If appropriate, this should continue until the responsibility for the patient has been transferred to an appropriate person.
– Completes all appropriate documentation and record keeping for every assignment.
– Adheres to Universal Precautions when dealing with patient contacts. Is familiar with and practices the Infection Control policies and procedures of Patriot Ambulance, Inc.
– Performs duties related to public relations and community education programs sponsored by Patriot Ambulance, Inc.
– Performs duties related to the continuing improvement and development of Patriot Ambulance, Inc.